Hey family.
Weeellllll, I'm at camp. Camp training rather. So I thought I'd tell you about it.
We (Brandi & I) got here on May 20, so Brandi could start her training. However, my training didn't start until a week later and I wasn't sure if they would let me stay on the campground for that long. It wasn't looking too good, until Tony (my boss) said I could stay and work on the campground work/service crew for the week.
Basically, I spent a week washing buses, disinfecting toilets, painting docks, cleaning dishes, moving firewood, and doing lots of weed wacking.
Honestly, it was sweaty work, but I had a lot of fun. The crew was made up of some really great people.
There was some awesome tire-related drama. See here for the full story:
http://mmscwfamily.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-tire-story.html
I'm officially within my own media director training. It's pretty great. Basically we're just getting familiar with the cameras, picture/video editors/compilers, and presentation software that we'll be using all summer. We spend a lot of time just creating different graphics, videos, and sound effects for all the skits and large group sessions that we'll be operating. Just a bunch of me-esque stuff.
We'll leave for our first location [Northview Church] on Friday. I'll be leaving on Saturday morning to come to Jessica's graduation party [woot woot] and be back to Indy on Sunday afternoon for more set up on the church grounds. And we'll have our first round of campers on Monday.
Here's to the beginning of a BOSS summer.
Love y'all.
Sami Lane
No comments:
Post a Comment